Saturday, August 28, 2010

Staying Afloat

Just like that, my summer is gone.

I survived another Fundies Week and made it into the Falcon Marching Band for a second time, making me an official Veteran. Fundies Week went all right, even though I likely spent more time in the CMA basement fitting shakos, raincoats, gauntlets and garment bags on everyone that passed through than actually learning drill outside in the ungodly August heat. The last day ended on a rather sour note when Amy (the alto squad leader) and I decided to dump two buckets of water on Eddie. Eddie's reaction did not go as I thought it would... long story short after arguing some and a thorough chew-out, his phone was fine and I went home upset that I'd never be forgiven. I think he's forgiven me to an extent, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got his revenge and returned the favor to me sometime in the future.

Oh, and I turned 20 at some point. Out of my teens and into my roaring twenties, but still too young to drink. Damn.

I also went back to work this past week. Most people who remember me from last year were happy to see me return to Hell with them. I guess that means I did something right my first year. The supervisors said I was one of their hardest workers, so I'll take that as a sign that I won't lose my job anytime soon.... hopefully.

I also began year 2 of college. With the exception of my World Literature class, I'm content with my other classes, despite how early some of them are. I get up at 6:45AM 3 days a week and 6:00AM on my work days. I feel incredibly exhausted before marching band, so I'm going to try and fit in some naps beforehand. If I can get somebody to give me a wake-up call, I should be fine. One benefit to this fall compared to last fall is that I only have evening class one night a week instead of 3 nights a week, therefore I can go home after band, eat with my family, do my homework and be to bed at a decent hour. With Kappa Kappa Psi starting up again, that may change depending on when we hold our degrees and whatnot. On the other hand, I HATE packing microwavable meals to eat on campus, and the meal plan money I thought I was going to receive has not been put on my BG1 Card yet, and at this rate I'm not sure if it ever will. Oh well, if I'm nice enough to people maybe I can mooch off them.

Other than that, I'm back into the swing of college, trying to stay afloat like everyone else in this world.

That is all.

Thank you and good night.

No comments: