Sunday, September 19, 2010

Is This the Real Life?

I've been sick for almost two weeks now. What originally began as a stuffy nose has now progressed to a congested cough and an occasional stuffy nose. On the plus side, I can now sing bass...

College lag is officially consuming my soul again. Even though I'm only taking 12 academic credit hours (I don't really include marching band as an academic class), I have to put an incredible amount of effort into 2 of my 4 classes. On average I write about 6 papers a week for my Creative Writing workshop class, and for my god-awful World Literature class I need to pay attention or else fail miserably. Have I mentioned how much I hate my professor for that class? If not, let me say it: I hate my World Literature professor.

Last week was more or less our "Rush Week" for Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma. In total we have about 30 or so potential membership candidates interested in joining our organization. Next week is our Bid Night, so we'll determine from there who will be extended an invite. Depending on who receives a bid next week, I think I know whom I may want for a Little Brother and a Little Sister. We'll see how it all plays out.

Yesterday was our first home football game against Marshall. The Falcons won 44-28. Our first halftime show "Bohemian Rhapsody" went exceptionally well also. Last night reminded me yet again how thankful I am I chose to continue music in college and be a part of such an amazing group of musicians, music and non-music majors alike. Though I thought it was a little bit of a low blow when, during Tuba Cheers, the Sax cheer was "You still owe Eddie a new phone!" Ironically enough, I was with Eddie when he went to purchase a new phone since he broke his old one, thus the saxophones do not owe him one.

I have to be at work in a few hours. Yuck. So hopefully by napping earlier today I'll be ready for the chaos of what lies ahead.

That is all.

Thank you and good night.

No comments: