Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Final Push of Effort

Only three (hopefully quick) days stand between me and a four day vacation from college. Within these next three days I have three exams I must pass. I really wish I knew how I was doing in my classes, but midterm grades aren't expected to come out for a week or two. I also wish I knew what to minor in, since Telecommunications isn't looking as glamorous as I thought it would.

As I write this, I am sitting outside Kelly Hall, killing time until Marching Band begins at 4. Eddie is attempting to nap, hoodie pulled over his head and everything as he sits in a chair and sprawls his upper half across the table. I went to bed rather early last night (9:30, such an "old person" time to go to bed), and got up around 6 for work. I like to think I "caught up" on the sleep I missed out on Sunday night after working for seven hours straight, but I doubt it. I am feeling a little bit more refreshed, though.

These last few weeks have been the most stressful three weeks I've had so far this semester. The FMB traveled to the Big House with the football team to play against the Michigan Wolverines; the Falcons were raped thoroughly with a 40-something point margin between our score and theirs. Being a diehard Ohio State fan, I felt incredibly unholy standing in that evil stadium, though I must admit, it was HUGE. I'm not sure if I'll ever play in front of 110,000 people again, so I'm thankful for that opportunity. I'd so much rather travel to the Shoe next season, though. We shall see.

Bid Night was also last week. It did not go as I expected; of the 35 names of individuals who were hoping to receive a bid, only 12 of them did. Compared to how many of us were Membership Candidates last year (and the year before), that number is extremely low to me. I was incredibly upset that we turned away so many wonderful people, but what's done is done. Unfortunately, I had my first breakdown of the semester after Bid Night was done. Thankfully my Big Brother was generous enough to let me talk with him at his apartment, where I ended up crying. I cried more on the way home, and while trying to fall asleep, and the feelings of Sunday night still hungover well into Wednesday. I'm just glad I wasn't the only one who was having a terrible week, as bad as that sounds. But we all pulled through.

Saturday was BG's Homecoming Game. It was great to see some beloved alumni return to their alma mater and join in the fun. Our halftime show was "The Firebird" and after ripping our hair out all week to put it together, "The Firebird" flew beautifully at halftime, much to my relief and surprise. The crowd also seemed to love it, which also caught me by surprise. Despite how wonderful the FMB did, the football team still lost to Buffalo by two freaking points, 26-28.

In an unrelated note, my high school football team broke their two year losing streak last Friday and defeated Elmwood, a high school we never managed to beat while I was a student. Yay Knights, keep up the great work! Otsego's homecoming is approaching soon, so that'll be something else to look forward to for this month. And First Degree is in two weeks... I really hope I get a Little... fingers crossed.

That is all.

Thank you and good day.

No comments: