Sunday, November 7, 2010

Giving Thanks

It's another Sunday. I'm lounging on my ass in my pajamas, dividing my time between my laptop and the television. My level of motivation today is extremely overwhelming; I called off my afternoon shift and found somebody to cover my evening shift. I got my paper done, I have no other homework assignments that I'm aware of being immediately due. I don't have to be anywhere till 3 at the earliest. What a wonderful feeling.

These past few weeks have been a wild ride in terms of my health. I was told by my doctor I have iron deficiency anemia and must take 2 iron pills a day in order to keep my hemoglobin up. While my hemoglobin has improved, I am still to take iron for the next 3 months. Joy. I've also been battling some other kind of illness, be it a cold or something. One minute I'll be fine, next minute I'll feel like crap. Damn this Ohio weather for always getting the best of me. Hopefully I'll start to feel on the up side sooner rather than later.

Halloween weekend could have been more exciting, but I enjoyed my Friday night. I began my evening by attending the outreach at my high school. It was great to play with my high school and college friends, and to see Otsego win! I celebrated my high school's victory by attending a Halloween party at the Q, which was a grand time. I was a male police officer this year, and got hit on by one of my gay friends, haha. I spent the remainder of the weekend doing homework and going to work.

This past week started okay and then gradually went downhill. While I can't go into too many details as to what happened, let's just say that nothing went right on Thursday... including the HAIL during marching band practice. Marching in hail was a first for me, and I don't know if I'd like to experience that again. It's rather painful... Anyway I had my second breakdown of the semester later that day, crying for an extended period of time in the chilly comfort of my car parked in the last row of the outskirts of a commuter lot. I hate when I want to cry all the time, I hate crying. Every time I cry I feel stupid and that I shouldn't be crying because "I'm a grown up" and should deal with things in a "grown up way." I don't know, I really don't...

Anyway, now that it's November, my goal is to make my Facebook statuses about something I'm thankful for. While some days will be difficult, other days will be easy. Here's to a potentially positive November, we'll see how this goes...

That is all.

Thank you and good day.

No comments: