Saturday, February 2, 2008

In Between Two Moments of Chaos Lies Contentment

For the most part right now, life isn't too bad.

I love my friends, I'm pretty sure they love me, and other than my parents being disappointed in me, I have little to complain about. Let's just say a certain subject that involves numbers is pulling me down as always. Can you guess it? As usual, the bosses at home can't seem to get it through their heads that sometimes it's the teacher's fault that the student isn't doing well, not the student. God forbid a teacher can't teach - or so my mother thinks. Somehow I'll pull through, whether it's through tutoring or attempting to teach myself, I'll find a way.

Honors Choir went very well. This morning I had solo and ensemble. I received a superior rating on my vocal solo. I'm proud of myself, I must say. If I receive another superior rating next year, then I'll have four straight years of superior ratings. But that will have to wait until next year.

In other news, the performance weekend for The Hunt is rapidly approaching. I have all of my lines memorized... now I must gather my costume accessories. In a few weeks I will also have to be fitted into costumes for the spring musical, Beauty and the Beast. We've already begun blocking for the opening number; I play the Aristocratic Lady. I like to think of her as the rich bitch. I think I will enjoy portraying her as we progress into the show. So far she's a very complex and catty chorus member. I wonder what kitchen appliance I will be for "Be Our Guest"...

Before I leave, I would like to leave a link for any readers I may have to listen to a song I performed with the District 1 Honors Choir. It is called "Omnia Sol." Although this is not the choir I performed in, we sang this and it is probably the most beautiful piece I've ever heard. Just click here.

That is all.

Thank you and good night.

No comments: