Friday, January 25, 2008

Quarantine Me, Please!

My flu has been lifted for the most part.

I swear the school is what is keeping me sick. These past two mornings I've woken up and felt great; the moment I step into the school I'm back to coughing and having a runny nose. Everybody's sick right now and there's no way around it. At school right now, for every ten kids, only one of them is completely healthy. No one can escape the flu epidemic in a community as tightly-knit as ours. As a joke I suggested we shut down the school to sanitize everything. No one of high authority took me seriously.

This weekend I have Honors Choir rehearsal, and then the performance for the Honors Festival will be held at the Stranahan on Sunday. Last night was our first rehearsal. Already I've run into people from other districts I know and am friends with. The one choir director really bothered me, though. He looked like a thirteen-year old trying to look like he's thirty, and he was only about five feet tall. That and whenever he spoke, I'd ask myself if I'd be able to tell the difference between him and a Munchkin from the land of Oz if I ever ran into him on the street.

In other news, it's been 30 years since the infamous blizzard of '78. I obviously wasn't around to know how that went over, but from the media and my parents' stories, I can get a good concept of it.

You know what would be fun? Going to a taping of Conan O'Brien. I'm not sure if I'd do it now, since I support the WGA, but I'm sure that once the strike is over the famed Late Night talkshow host is saying adios to the beard. As odd as it sounds, I'm finding the beard very sexy right now. KEEP IT, CONAN!! Not that he reads this, or anybody for that matter...

That is all.

Thank you and good night.

No comments: