Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break: The Epitome of the Second Semester

I really do not think there is nothing a high school student looks more forward to in the second semester than spring break.

Despite I still have homework to keep myself busy over the next week, I do have a few plans for my time off from school, which involves making a huge sign with Kelly and a few of my other friends to top the choir kids. It's a rather long story, and I don't want to go any further into the subject.

In other news, I am happy to say that I am the SSO representative of the Northwest Ohio Area. I was informed on St. Patrick's Day, and the luck of the Irish must have really been with me that day. I'm very pleased with myself and look forward to having an even crazier life over the next year. Don't worry, I'll make it through... hopefully with a small bit of sanity still clutched to me.

I also saw The Lion King a second time with my family last Sunday. It's even more exhilarating the second time around. The night before I had a friend go backstage after the show to have the cast sign a poster of his that his aunt bought him. At the same time, his great uncle bought a copy of the same poster, unaware that his wife had gotten one already. Long story short, my friend gave me the other poster. I could not have been more grateful to him, and I will miss him terribly when he graduates.

Graduation. I still have another year until I have the privilege of donning the famous cap and wearing the robe while I go to shake hands of authoritative figures and grab my high school diploma. Every year I get one step closer. After this school year, I'll be a senior. As scary as the thought sounds, and as heartbreaking as it is to watch all of my friends older than I am graduate, I must remember this: Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

That is all.

Thank you and good night.

No comments: