Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Day Away From Stepping Back into Routine

Tomorrow is our first day back at school from break.

Ugh.

It's not that I don't enjoy visiting with my friends and most of my teachers. It's just the thought of having to wake up early to face the day before the crack of dawn that bothers me. Studies have proven (correct me if I'm wrong) that teenagers and young adults have the tendency to want to wake up later since their body clocks are pushing them to stay up later. Even with scientific evidence, I'm not sure that my mother, nor my school principal, will accept that as an excuse.

I also have to go back to math class. Oh, math: Satan's favorite subject. Maybe it's because I don't understand numbers, or the teacher's poor methods of educating us into trying to understand it, but I have not cared for math since I was 7 years old. Somehow my parents say it's my fault that I hate math and if I would just take the time to try and learn it, then I would be doing better than I am now. I do take the time to try; that's what a whole 40-minute period is for! Mom has been pushing me to try and see my math teacher during one of my free periods. I already have to sit in that class and listen to that man for 40 minutes; I really don't want to exceed that limit! Luckily first semester is almost over, and exams are next week. With great reluctance I decided to skip my chemistry exam instead of math. With any luck I just might raise my math grade a little bit... but I doubt it.

On a final note, my New Year celebrations went pretty well. I made 5 resolutions (all of which I'm bound to fail) and hopefully I can keep them in mind as I begin the new year. The main one on my mind is to find a prom date. There's nobody at my school that I'm willing to take with me to the dance (mostly because most of them are douche bags to begin with), but I do have somebody in mind. Unfortunately I have only actually talked to the person once in my life, and I have no way of contacting him at this moment. Somehow I must find a way... I still have time...

That is all.

Thank you and good night.

1 comment:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Satan's favorite subject.

Ha!