Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ignorance

Thursday was Red Carpet Day.

As I had reported earlier, I thought about dressing up as a striking writer. On Monday night I worked on my picket sign. Wednesday night I was up till 11 looking for my Writer's Digest T-shirt that my dad gave to me. Today I carried around my picket sign and wore the shirt. At some point I will post up the picture here. Much to my surprise, few people understood what I was going for. When I told them I was on strike in support for the WGA, their reaction was mostly, "There's a strike going on?"

Well, duh of course there is a strike! Does nobody notice when their favorite television shows
go into reruns for over two and a half months?! That's because the AMPTP are being complete assholes and won't give the writers what they deserve! Did anybody watch the People's Choice Awards? Of course not, it was pointless! The writer's are the heart of the movies and shows; without them, the rest simply die. That is exactly what is happening to television right now... it's dying.

I've had serious thoughts of becoming a writer when I grow up. But if I'm not receiving pay from Internet sales that I know I deserve some share of the profit from them, then I better pick up a new skill... but I'm not talented enough in anything else. So what do I do now?

In other news, what was supposed to be a fun day today turned out to be the opposite. It seems I have some kind of flu, and I feel horrible. I was supposed to be hanging out with my friends at this awesome conference and then go to the winter homecoming later on tonight with my date. I'm too sick to leave the house, but my friends promised me they'd call me so that I could dance with my date via cell phones. It's kindness like that when I know I have the greatest friends in the world...

That is all.

Thank you and goodnight.

No comments: