Monday, January 14, 2008

The Light in the Darkness

So things around here have been a lot better now.

Mom's still in a lot of pain but that's because she had her stint pulled out today. Her surgery on Friday went very well, and she's been doped up on pain meds for over a week. She's trying to reach her goal of going back to work by tomorrow, but with the way she's acting I'm doubtful she'll be able to.

In stupid math news, I got a C on my exam (I was damn lucky because I got a 10% extra credit for doing a studyguide), so as far as I am concerned, I can still drive. Thank God!! Now I have a whole new semester to worry about, but hey, at least half of the year is already over, so I should be able to pull through the next semester.

In other news, this week this what's known at our school as Spirit week. Each day students can dress up according to the theme of the day to get pepped up for Friday night's homecoming game. Today was Pajama/Sports Day (which I totally dressed up in PJ's). Tomorrow is Incognito Day; I want to wear a paper bag over my head, but my parents won't let me drive to the store just to get a stupid paper bag. Wednesday is Eskimo Day, which I am not participating in since I have nothing Eskimo-related whatsoever. Thursday is red carpet day. I will be carrying around a Writer's Strike picketing sign that I am currently working on. Friday is traditional Spirit Day, in which we wear our school colors:- orange, black, and white- in whatever fashion tickles your fancy. I usually just wear a school shirt and PJ bottoms, but I'm trying to get more festive. Saturday is the winter homecoming dance. I'm going with somebody, but since he's gay it is strictly just a friend thing. I still love him, though, as a friend. It's amazing who you can become friends with in high school...

That is all.

Thank you and good night.

No comments: