Friday, January 4, 2008

The Inner Bitch

I have a theory. Although I'm not really sure I can prove it, I still believe in it.

My theory is that every female is a bitch and every guy is an ass.

I think that no matter how sweet or courteous you may be on the exterior, you have an inner bitch or an inner ass deep inside you that occasionally comes out into the spotlight at some unexpected moment. Some of us show our bitchy or jackass side all the time, whereas others try to hide it from the world, convinced they don't have one or will never reveal it. Be honest: we've all done or said some rather inappropriate things. Is that just being yourself? Or is that the evil side of you showing its colors? I feel reminded of Star Wars when I think of these things...

In English we've been reading excerpts from a book called "Nineteen Minutes." My teacher said the second half of the book is rather inappropriate for our age, so she's just copying things out of the first half. We've been getting into some rather deep and thought-provoking conversations since we got back to school yesterday after reading these excerpts. Yesterday we were talking about how in life, everybody is playing multiple roles during the day. When I'm in class, I play the role of the student and act how I believe a student should behave. With friends, I act out the part of being what I consider a good friend: funny, caring, and occasionally a smart-ass. At home with my family, I play the "leave-me-alone" sister and the "you still treat me like I've five but I'll deal with it because I'm not good at making comebacks" daughter. Right now I'm playing the blogger, writing down my thoughts and being kind to fellow bloggers who may comment me or I may comment on their blogs. We are always playing a role; my question is, are we ever really ourselves?

My inner bitch is telling me I have better things to do online, plus I'm tired and have a weekend of studying for exams to do, so I will end my entry here.

That is all.

Thank you and good night.

No comments: